- "The hotel is in a wonderful location with lovely grounds and very peaceful. Once inside there is a nice atmosphere and all the staff we came into contact with were friendly and helpful. I was disappointed with the room, although spacious and well equipped, it was a little tired. Breakfast was excellent. The building is beautiful and we would visit again. "
- "Not sure how you’d stay in this hotel and be anything less than pleased. Room was nice enough, but got the feeling from talking to the staff I met that they were really focused on trying to help your stay be as good as possible. It’s a good attitude to have, meant that we wanted for nothing. I liked that."
- "Remarkable how such a nice place can be hidden all the way up in Perth. I’d never have heard about it if it wasn’t for a recommendation. Passing that along now, seeing as there was the clean rooms, the big bathroom, the breakfast, the parking, and all the rest. Certainly a surprise and a very nice one."
- "Giving a good review of the Huntingtower Hotel, don’t see how it could be anything less than a good experience. The interior and the exterior of the building are both attractive. The décor was actually a strong suit throughout, especially in our room. Loved being able to take an afternoon stroll around the grounds."
- "Where to start with the Best Western Lovat Hotel? Well, there was loads of parking. The rooms were plenty big enough. The price was decent for the facilities. The staff – especially those on reception – were excellent. Basically, what I’m trying to say is that I liked it. Would visit it again without hesitation."
- "An old, once grand I imagine, hotel with spacious public areas and rooms. My room was spacious and comfortable, spotlessly clean, rather dated which is what I expected and breakfast was perfectly adequate. With some tlc and investment I am sure it could be grand again. Close to train and bus stations, staff were friendly, I would definitely stay again when on another business trip."
- "Got my money’s worth in this hotel, can confirm. It was booked for two nights, with the aim of attending a wedding on the second day and checking out the day after that. Worked very well for that purpose, with the staff being great at arranging travel and providing a bit of advice. Very helpful, they were."
Not to be confused with its Australian namesake, Perth is an historic city lying on the banks of the River Tay in the heart of central Scotland. The site of countless battles between Scots and Englishmen over the centuries, Perth has a rich and bloody heritage, and owing to its strategic importance was at one point the most heavily fortified town in Scotland. Evidence of this in the city's buildings and architecture can still be found today.
Perth experienced rapid growth from the 18th Century onwards, and its ideal location made it a perfect transport hub for industry and trade with Dundee, Dunfermline, Stirling and Edinburgh all easily reachable. Whilst its traditional exports such as linen, leather and whisky are no longer produced in such great amounts in the town, it still has a diverse economy with a range of different enterprises across a number of different sectors. The town contains many different shops with high street names alongside independent boutiques.
Perth Theatre, one of two theatres in Perth, has been standing since 1900 and is one of Scotland's oldest and most historic repertory theatres, and after much refurbishment and restoration continues to put on events to this day.
Football is very popular in Perth and the local club St Johnstone regularly attracts thousands of fans to its games. Perth also hosts the Scottish Open Volleyball Tournament, the largest tournament of its kind in the country. All this and easy access to some of the country's most spectacular scenery makes Perth an ideal base for a short break or a longer holiday.
FAQ's about B&B's in Perth
Which Perth B&B's are best for couples?
Which Perth B&B's are best for singles?
Are there any cheap hotels in Perth?
Which B&B's in Perth are best for families?
What Perth hotels are best for groups?
Which hotels in Perth offer free parking?
How much is it for a B&B in Perth tonight?
Our best value B&B deal tonight can be found at Murrayshall Country House & Golf Club, Bw Premier Collection from £74 * with 41 rooms and a guest review score of 8.7. * Subject to availability.