- "We stayed at the Dunallen for 3 nights with our dog in June this year. Frances and Jeanette were very welcoming hosts with great local knowledge and charm who couldn't do too much to help. Our ground floor room was very well appointed and comfy and the breakfasts second to none. Will no doubt return more often and this guest house will be our first choice!"
- "A great owner who is friendly and considerate, providing clean, well furnished and decorated rooms and an extremely good breakfast. Located a few strides from the town centre, trains and buses a few minutes away You couldn't ask for more, excellent value for money, we would be happy to stay again and can recommend to anyone."
- "An old, once grand I imagine, hotel with spacious public areas and rooms. My room was spacious and comfortable, spotlessly clean, rather dated which is what I expected and breakfast was perfectly adequate. With some tlc and investment I am sure it could be grand again. Close to train and bus stations, staff were friendly, I would definitely stay again when on another business trip."
- "Got my money’s worth in this hotel, can confirm. It was booked for two nights, with the aim of attending a wedding on the second day and checking out the day after that. Worked very well for that purpose, with the staff being great at arranging travel and providing a bit of advice. Very helpful, they were."
- "This Guest House is a shining example of what a B&B should be. Our room was spotlessly clean, well furnished and decorated, the en-suite well equipped with good quality toiletries and towels. Breakfast was cooked to perfection and had good choices. A top rating for everything, including customer service."
- "I thoroughly enjoyed myself, what better review can there be than that? Self-catering apartment, so the kitchen’s a very important part, right? Well, they’ve got a wonderful set up here. So, easy to cook dinner. And the bathroom’s excellent as well. Loved the shower. Top quality accommodation, really first class."
- "Booked to stay here with my wife for a weekend break, it’s a beautiful house and our room was well decorated with a nice clean bathroom and the dining room was also very nice. It was a short walk into the town centre and also close to the Black Watch Castle. There was plenty of parking available onsite."
- "Westview was a brilliant place, it’s based in the heart of the city centre and was the perfect place for my recent trip to Scotland. Douglas was an amazing host and couldn’t have been more helpful. It’s very homely and our bed was lovely with plenty of towels provided and a great power shower. The full Scottish breakfast was excellent!."
- "Remarkable how such a nice place can be hidden all the way up in Perth. I’d never have heard about it if it wasn’t for a recommendation. Passing that along now, seeing as there was the clean rooms, the big bathroom, the breakfast, the parking, and all the rest. Certainly a surprise and a very nice one."
- "We stayed at the Scotia B&B August and were given a very warm welcome by Suzie. The room was immaculate and well appointed with tea, coffee and biscuits on the hospitality tray. Breakfasts we gigantic which were also freshly cooked by our host with the most who also helped us with info and were given a great local map with places to visit & restaurants etc. Would return and recommend!"
Not to be confused with its Australian namesake, Perth is an historic city lying on the banks of the River Tay in the heart of central Scotland. The site of countless battles between Scots and Englishmen over the centuries, Perth has a rich and bloody heritage, and owing to its strategic importance was at one point the most heavily fortified town in Scotland. Evidence of this in the city's buildings and architecture can still be found today.
Perth experienced rapid growth from the 18th Century onwards, and its ideal location made it a perfect transport hub for industry and trade with Dundee, Dunfermline, Stirling and Edinburgh all easily reachable. Whilst its traditional exports such as linen, leather and whisky are no longer produced in such great amounts in the town, it still has a diverse economy with a range of different enterprises across a number of different sectors. The town contains many different shops with high street names alongside independent boutiques.
Perth Theatre, one of two theatres in Perth, has been standing since 1900 and is one of Scotland's oldest and most historic repertory theatres, and after much refurbishment and restoration continues to put on events to this day.
Football is very popular in Perth and the local club St Johnstone regularly attracts thousands of fans to its games. Perth also hosts the Scottish Open Volleyball Tournament, the largest tournament of its kind in the country. All this and easy access to some of the country's most spectacular scenery makes Perth an ideal base for a short break or a longer holiday.
Which B&Bs in Perth are best for couples?
Which Perth B&B's are best for singles?
Are there any cheap hotels in Perth?
Which B&B's in Perth are best for families?
What Perth hotels are best for groups?
Which budget hotels in Perth offer free parking?
What is the best value B&B in Perth tonight?
Our best value B&B deal tonight can be found at Dunallan Guest House from £30 * with 8 rooms and a guest review score of 8.9. * Subject to availability.