- "I was visiting my son and stopped here for a couple of nights. Nice place in a central location between the centre of Oxford and Summertown. There’s free wifi and onsite parking. You can catch a bus into town – a 10 minute journey. Room was great and had been recently refurbished. Fantastic breakfast."
- "Declan was a brilliant host at Conifer Lodge and took great care of me when I was working in the area, the heart of Oxford was just a 10 minute drive and lots of public transport nearby. My room was very well equipped and comfortable, anything I needed I just asked. The highlight of my day was the breakfast, it was incredible and filling. I can’t wait to return again soon."
- "Nice welcoming touch to have biscuits and tea in the room, an ample amount of choice at breakfast that spoiled us, small suggestion for buttered croissants along with the plain option, that’s asking a lot though! Location ideal in the city centre, very comfy bathtub and bed is superb, nice wardrobe, could fit all my wife’s clothes shockingly. Would recommend Tower House."
- "Selling point is the location which was superb, so many shops & eateries to enjoy. Bed was more comfortable than my own, happy about this at the time but now I’m giving my bed the evils ha-ha. Nice contrast between exposed beams and walls and the modern furnishings. My husband & I came on a whim, we’re considering coming back for our anniversary. Henry’s is superb!"
- "A good pub with accommodation and helpful staff. Our room overlooked the river and was nicely decorated, meals in the bar were excellent and breakfast good, freshly cooked to order. We did have an excellent stay, the only minus being slow service - although it was very busy. In a really great location."
- "Situated in a convenient location for my purposes visiting a family member in hospital, came with kids and wife, adequate breakfast options, cleanliness was great (bathroom recently renovated), generally quite basic with regards to presentation, however very efficient and staff were well trained. Old Black Horse Inn was as we’d hoped, so I would recommend."
Oxford, the city of spires is probably most well-known for the world famous university within the city. Also known as the 'city of dreaming spires', Oxford is a bustling cultural hub that has seen royalty and pioneers of many disciplines study within the city. Rich architecture and a vibrant history are just two of the reasons why tourists and residents alike have a deep appreciation of the area.
Many people do not realise that this prime university town has many more attractions than just its stunning historic buildings. As well as the luxurious Blenheim Palace nearby in Woodstock, there are several museums within the city including the Bate Collection of Musical Instruments, the Museum of the History of Science, and the Oxford University Museum of Natural History.
Sport has always been popular here, and Oxford offers venues for the sporting types amongst us, including the city ice rink. Golfers will have no problem locating a good quality course, with several located around the city including Southfield Golf Club, and Hinksey Heights with its 18-hole championship course, 9-hole par 3 course, and The Spires, a 9-hole course. The nearby Cotswolds provides the opportunity for a scenic walk or jog.
Which Oxford hotels are best for couples?
Which B&B's in Oxford are best for singles?
What B&B's in Oxford are best for families?
What Oxford hotels are best for groups?
Are there any cheap B&B's in Oxford?
Which hotels in Oxford offer free parking?
How much is it for a B&B in Oxford tonight?
Our best value B&B deal tonight can be found at Athena Guest House from £30 * with 7 rooms and a guest review score of 5.8. * Subject to availability.