- "We stayed on a brewery tour and really enjoyed it, very interesting. The pub itself is lovely and lively, with good staff who are all kept busy. Food was excellent in the evening and at breakfast, our room was on the small side but no problem, clean and comfortable, nicely decorated and well equipped. A great couple of days at good value."
- "A lovely place with scenic gardens and lots of goodies included in the price, such as laundry facilities, on-site parking, luggage storage, bathrobes and luxury toiletries. Stayed here a few months ago and loved every moment. An ideal base for exploring Pickering or the North York Moors National Park."
- "Centrally located, quiet but just a short walk to everything. The house is lovely and the owners very friendly. Our room was superb with some nice touches and breakfast was absolutely delicious. Should have mentioned that our welcome was really nice, tea/coffee and cake, a nice touch. An excellent place and stay which we recommend."
- "Located on a quiet road in lovely Pickering the hotel is beautifully decorated and furnished, our room was very comfortable with all the requirements. Evening meal and breakfast could not be faulted, both having good menus and cooked to perfection. We would not hesitate to stay again when next in the area, very relaxing, comfortable and good value for money."
- "In a great location close to everything Pickering has to offer and a short drive to other places of interest. The house is well maintained and the owners are friendly and hospitable. Breakfast is pre ordered from a good menu and freshly cooked, delicious. With everything required from a good B&B we recommend."
- "Nicely located on the outskirts of Pickering with off road parking. The owner is friendly and charming, offering a high standard of accommodation, our room was spacious, spotlessly clean and comfortable. Our full English breakfast was delicious and came with good coffee, not always the case. A good stay, recommended."
- "Ideal B&B accommodation located about 1km (10 minutes walk) from the centre of Pickering. There are lots of things to keep the children occupied which was really helpful; chickens were watched from close up and there were horses visible from the room. The accommodation was first class too as were breakfasts. Love to stay here again as will the children."
- "We loved our family stay at Rocklands, very peaceful and relaxing, a play area for the kids, close to Pickering for shopping, eating, drinking and pleasant drives to coastal areas. There are lodges and caravans, modern, clean and well equipped. We had a large one which suited us well with a patio area and great view. We recommend particularly for family visits, safe and secure for the children. We were blessed with great weather and were outdoors all the time. "
Situated amid the beautiful scenery of the North York Moors, Pickering is an ancient market town with plenty of character and much to offer visitors. With a heritage going back thousands of years and historic churches and castles still standing to this day, Pickering is the perfect place for those with an interest in history.
The area is popular with tourists, and so the town caters well for them with plenty of accommodation in addition to a variety of restaurants and pubs to cater for all tastes. Events such as the Jazz Festival are held throughout the year, so there's always something going on. With no major employers in the town, most people rely on tourism and micro-businesses to support the economy, making this an innovative and dynamic little location.
Pickering is also ideal for exploring the local countryside and attractions, with the North York Moors National Park lying to the north where you'll find great spots for walking, cycling and climbing, Scarborough to the east and York to the south west. The television series Heartbeat was filmed on and around the moors, and the incredible scenery is every bit as breathtaking when you see it for yourself.
Its location makes it perfect as a base for rambling, hiking and mountain-biking across the moors, although if you're looking for something a little less strenuous, the town has its own leisure centre with an excellent swimming pool and gym facilities.
Other local attractions include the North Yorkshire Moors Steam Railway, Beck Isle Museum, and Eden Camp Modern History Museum, a former POW camp where you can experience the sights, sounds and smells of wartime Britain.
Which B&Bs in Pickering are best for couples?
Which Pickering B&B's are best for singles?
Are there any cheap hotels in Pickering?
Which B&B's in Pickering are best for families?
What Pickering hotels are best for groups?
Which budget hotels in Pickering offer free parking?
What is the best value B&B in Pickering tonight?
Our best value B&B deal tonight can be found at The New Inn from £56 * with 11 rooms and a guest review score of 8.9. * Subject to availability.