- "This fab B&b is right on the promenade in the thick of all that Southport has to offer. Our room was a little compacted, but had all the amenities inc a great shower and very comfortable bed. Breakfast was the usual cooked English with all the trimmings. Our prime thought was the value - we paid just £30 per night which for the location was very good value indeed."
- "We stayed at the Prince of Wales for a night whilst attending the Southport airshow. We found that the hotel was above expectation in respect of the room and facilities, especially given the room rate for such a busy weekend. Our room was bright, spacious and well presented and had lots of little extra touches inc nice toiletries. A full English breakfast was served which was delicious, but there are other options if you are not like us gluttonous types! Recommended!"
- "Absolute hidden gem we love it at the Braemar and it's in the best location for walking distance to Southport and all the attractions. After a warm welcome we were shown to a delightful room with a huge comfy bed and modern bathroom. The breakfast was incredible with endless coffee, tea and toast on the side, Michael in a superb host! Worth every penny!"
- "We absolutely loved this guest house, Steve and Tracy are the perfect hosts! Outstanding room with beautiful décor, good quality beds, excellent bathroom, and the items left for us sewing kit, paracetamol, pens and paper, great hospitality tray too. Amazing breakfast with so much choice. We cannot wait to come back!"
- "Jimmy and Colette were the perfect hosts at Clifton Villa, an easy stroll to the town of Stockport and lots of restaurants and shops. The room was tastefully decorate and furnished to a high standard. The breakfast was fantastic, so much choice and all freshly cooked. Excellent value and we have already booked to return!"
- "We chose the upmarket Southport hotel as we wanted a luxury weekend away from the hustle & bustle. The Ramada Plazza definitely lived up to expectations with a superior room and standard of service rare in these parts! If you want genuine 4 star, this is a great hotel not only for Southport, but for miles around here too. Recommended!"
Southport in the borough of Sefton, Merseyside, is a classic British seaside town with traditional charm mixed with modern architecture. The area is commonly referred to as England's golfing capital, and this is due to the fact that the area has the highest concentration of championship link golf courses in the country. South of the town, there are sand dunes which run from Birkdale to Woodvale, and which stretch for miles. These sand dunes have been designated as a National Nature Reserve.
Southport has several attractions for tourists or holiday makers. There is an annual air show held in the city that attracts visitors from all over the world who come to see traditional warplanes and modern air displays at the Southport Air Show. The Splash World Waterpark is an ideal location for a family day out and there are various slides and pools to suit visitors of all ages.
The Royal Birkdale Golf Club has hosted two Ryder Cups along with the nearby Southport and Ainsdale Golf Club. The seaside location of Ainsdale, which is to the south of the town, has seen the area become a popular place for those who like to take part in the sport of kite-surfing.
Southport has long been a traditional seaside town, and in the past the main industries have been traditional coastal jobs, mainly fishing and fish markets. The late 18th century saw the awakening of Southport as a tourist location, and tourism has become a major part of the local economy in the intervening years.
FAQ's about B&B's in Southport
Which Southport B&B's are best for couples?
Which Southport B&B's are best for singles?
Are there any cheap hotels in Southport?
Which B&B's in Southport are best for families?
Many B&B's in Southport offer family rooms - try Copplehouse Bed and Breakfast and Bliss Hotel Southport, Trademark Collection by Wyndham.
What Southport hotels are best for groups?
There are several hotels in Southport that cater for groups & large bookings, for example; Copplehouse Bed and Breakfast or Bliss Hotel Southport, Trademark Collection by Wyndham
Which hotels in Southport offer free parking?
How much is it for a B&B in Southport tonight?
Our best value B&B deal tonight can be found at Richmond House from £19 * with 12 rooms and a guest review score of 8.0. * Subject to availability.