- "An excellent Guest House and very good value for money, quite close to Lincoln City football ground. We were impressed with our room, spotlessly clean and containing all and more that we required. Breakfast was top quality, the dining room and guest lounge were both very comfortable to use, excellent hosting topped it off. "
- "Pleased to visit Pemberton House, offered a lot for a good price. Short walk to the Cathedral and the Castle. Big four poster bed. Fantastic staff. Walls were a bit thin, so could hear quite a bit. Shared bathroom, too. cooked breakfast was worth the extra cost. Ordered with the staff, served piping hot in the restaurant. Complimentary, quality toiletries."
- "Our rooms were excellent, spacious and contained everything anyone could possibly need. There is a good communal area to relax in with books and magazines, an honesty bar for drinks and snacks. Breakfast in Ole Ole was superb. A couple of minor niggles were no lamp in the bedroom and an additional charge for car parking. This would not put us off staying again or recommending."
- "Nicely located next to the Cathedral and the ruins of the bishops palace, with easy access to Lincoln's shops and restaurants, the Old Palace is a tasteful and different hotel, full of character. Food in the restaurant and breakfast was superb as was the service. Our room was great and had all the modern conveniences expected of a good hotel and the staff were attentive and helpful. Loved the history and the cobbled streets."
- "In a perfect location for exploring the attractions of Lincoln. We were shown to our room which had nice décor and had everything we could possibly require and a huge, stylish bathroom. Wifi was free but you do have to pay a car parking fee of £5. We would definitely use again and recommend to others."
- "Tennyson Retreat or Court if your looking for it on your sat nav wasn't the best signed bed and breakfast we'd been to. Look for the cobbled drive on your left as you drive into Tennyson St and you'll save driving up and down the road. That aside we found the apartment very handy to be booked on a B&B basis as well as a self catering one, so would happily return, when next in Lincoln. Great for walking onto nearby common, canal and for getting into City."
- "Found the Brayford bed and breakfast to be a very good budget option; pleasingly comfortable bed and good service for the price I paid. My room was at the front, so could hear people going past. Pretty minor issue. Highly recommended if you want to access the town (castle, cathedral) as it’s within walking distance. Parking was right outside as well."
- "Enjoyed Lincoln House for the small details as much as the good value price. Spacious and clean, with a hot tub and owners provided a bottle of champagne. Debbie was a delightful host. An old building, but some might not appreciate the modern décor. Not traditional but looks great and functions perfectly. Located about a mile from the main road."
- "Lots to do at Lincoln Cottage. There’s games, as well as bike rental for country tours. There’s the large bath and big comfy bed if you’d like to relax. Getting into cities or towns can take a while, so I’d recommend taking a car. They’ve got a lot of parking available on the site. Tasteful décor, enthusiastic and interesting host."
With a settlement being recorded on what is now known as Lincoln since the Iron Age the town is a place steeped in history, and there's evidence of this on show wherever you look. From examples of original Roman bridges to the grandeur of Lincoln Cathedral, as well as intact medieval and Georgian buildings, there are relics everywhere from the town's rich heritage as well as a wealth of museums and attractions.
That is not to say that this is a town living in the past. Indeed, its shopping districts and excellent selection of restaurants and bars indicate that it is very much in the 21st Century, and with events taking place throughout the year such as the famous Christmas Market, there is always something to do. Sports fans will find that the city is very much a football city, with both mens and ladies teams strongly represented. But for something a bit different, why not check out the Roller Derby for some full-contact, high-adrenaline action and cheer local lasses the Lincolnshire Bombers on to victory?
Beyond Lincoln's boundaries there is also much to see, with Nottingham, Sheffield and Derby to the west and the Lincolnshire coast to the east. The area is also ideal for those who like to get outdoors, with plenty on offer for ramblers, cyclists, golfers and more.
Which Lincoln hotels are best for couples?
Which B&B's in Lincoln are best for singles?
What B&B's in Lincoln are best for families?
What Lincoln hotels are best for groups?
Are there any cheap B&B's in Lincoln?
Which hotels in Lincoln offer free parking?
How much is it for a B&B in Lincoln tonight?
Our best value B&B deal tonight can be found at South Park Guest House from £32 * with 7 rooms and a guest review score of 9.0. * Subject to availability.