- "I had a great stay here, the pub has a good atmosphere, excellent beers and the curry isn't bad either. The building is historic and therefore the rooms are smaller than the average bed and breakfast room but are modern, clean and comfortable. All the staff are friendly and approachable and it is excellent value for money. Recommended to Derby visitors especially if on a budget."
- "Nice, comfy place to stay with low prices and a delicious breakfast. Knew the rooms were a bit cosy before we booked; the lessened space is reflected in the price. Good value, especially as the customer service is so good and the food each morning was top quality. So much choice, including a range of coffees, teas, and cooked food."
- "Stayed for two nights at the Alvaston Guesthouse at Navigation Inn. Mostly excellent, though there was a bit of noise from the bar on the second night. Bed was comfortable, with some quality sheets and linen. Breakfast wasn’t very impressive but it was free. Shower pressure also a bit weak. Really friendly employees and good value rooms."
- "Very friendly and attentive owners who provide good accommodation and wonderful breakfasts. Our room was spacious, cosy and peaceful. I don't think this B&B can be beaten on price either. It was only 6 minutes walk to Derby football club (Pride Park Stadium). Recommended to anyone - plus free parking."
- "We had an overnight stay which was very enjoyable. Our rooms were well decorated and clean. Our evening meal was good and breakfast was freshly cooked to order. It is probably lovely in the summertime to sit at the outdoor tables with a drink and take in the views. We all agreed it was good value for money."
- "We stayed when visiting Alton Towers, its in a peaceful area on the outskirts of Derby, and the staff were wonderful. Our room was warm and welcoming with everything we needed for a pleasant times. The breakfast was outstanding, and the evening meal was just as good and absolutely massive! We found it great value for money."
- "Such a brilliant guest house where we had an amazing time. We were warmly welcomed on arrival with some homemade cake by Angie and John. It’s located by the river and canal and it was just a short drive to local attractions. Our room was spotless and the cooked breakfast was excellent made with locally sourced produce."
The city bills itself as a 'vibrant and cosmopolitan city with a fantastic heritage and a cutting edge culture' - a statement that's difficult to argue with.
Along with boasting a wonderfully charming town centre in its own right, Derby also happens to be known as an important historical crossroads. The most central city in the UK has had more than its fair share of ups and downs since its founding in 983AD, with stunning local sights including Bolsover Castle and Chatsworth House offering a first-hand glimpse at times gone by. It was at the very epicentre of the Industrial Revolution, and was home to the first water powered silk mill in Britain. Today, its industrial past, including a significant role in the development of the railway system, has been largely replaced by digital and service sector businesses, making Derby a very modern city.
Derby also serves as the gateway to the Peak District National Park, which is home to some of the wildest moorlands and most inspiring valleys England has to offer. Visit the local mills, railways and canals for a real taste of a simpler time - many of which are still being used today! Sports lovers with a slightly less adventurous spirit can always catch a match at Derby County's home ground at Pride Park Stadium. The city even had a brief flirtation with baseball in the late 19th century, although it didn't take off!
Which Derby hotels are best for couples?
Which B&B's in Derby are best for singles?
What B&B's in Derby are best for families?
What Derby hotels are best for groups?
Are there any cheap B&B's in Derby?
Which hotels in Derby offer free parking?
How much is it for a B&B in Derby tonight?
Our best value B&B deal tonight can be found at Amber Guesthouse from £19 * with 16 rooms and a guest review score of 5.8. * Subject to availability.