- "We stayed over the weekend, really enjoyed the basement bar that stays open late on Friday, so on Saturday when it was open late we tolerated the occasional noise coming from there. Every aspect of the Sun was perfect. Location in Ulverston, customer oriented prioritising from staff, bedroom design was to the point & very comfortable. Nice decor in restaurant and amazing food. Would recommend The Sun Inn and plan on re-visiting!"
- "Parking was easy, 1 minute walk away, owner greeted us kindly and gave entry to our room earlier then the allowed check-in time, located in the centre of Ulverstone so easy access points for restaurants and convenience stores, comfortable room, pristine clean, just missing a mirror in the room, there was one in the bathroom so it was fine. Very beautiful accommodation that I would recommend!"
- "We were made very welcome by the owners who go the extra mile. The location is good, close to public transport and the centre with lots of places to eat and drink. Rooms are spacious, spotlessly clean and comfortable but not ultra modern, plus a great breakfast. Very homely, comfortable and good value."
- "An historic building with an interesting story. The location is very tranquil, a good drive to the lakes popular areas although there are pubs and restaurants closer. We were self catering and were impressed with all the facilities. We will definitely be staying again in the future and it is worth looking into the workshop/courses on offer."
- "The location is perfect right on the water, so peaceful and relaxing. Although a little dated, rooms are comfortable and well equipped with all you need. Food at night was excellent, well cooked and presented and breakfast had good quality ingredients. Good service from all the staff I came into contact with. I was on a business trip but I would definitely bring the other half for a week-end"
- "A family run, warm and friendly place, a little out of Ulverston centre but a lovely walk, only 10 minutes or so Our room was very clean and comfortable, the en-suite was small but perfectly adequate, the shower powerful. The breakfast room is attractive and well laid out, there was a menu and food was freshly cooked to order and delicious. A lovely stay and recommended to anyone looking for a peaceful break."
- "A nice and friendly place with a good atmosphere and in lovely countryside. Our room was very clean and comfortable, a bit dated but well equipped, there are DVD's and books to borrow. We ate in the pub at night, great food and very reasonable, no complaints about breakfast either. We would happily return, it was great value for money."
Ulverston describes itself as a Festival Town owing to the huge number of festivals, activities and events that take place all year round, and as well as the usual beer and fashion festivals the town also celebrates subjects as diverse as Dickens, Buddhism and breastfeeding! A surprising number of famous people are also Ulverstonians, including Stan Laurel of Laurel and Hardy fame, Bill Hailey, the father of rock and roll and Sir John Barrow.
For those who like to get out and explore the surroundings, Ulverston's location on the edge of the Lake District makes it perfect for climbers, walkers, cyclists and wildlife enthusiasts, where you'll find fantastic scenery and a huge range of activities. The beautiful Cumbrian coast is also just a short distance away, where you can take a pleasant walk along the seafront or indulge in some more active pursuits like canoeing, sailing and windsurfing.
Which B&Bs in Ulverston are best for couples?
Which Ulverston B&B's are best for singles?
Are there any cheap hotels in Ulverston?
Which B&B's in Ulverston are best for families?
What Ulverston hotels are best for groups?
Which budget hotels in Ulverston offer free parking?
What is the best value B&B in Ulverston tonight?
Our best value B&B deal tonight can be found at The Sun Inn from £32 * with 20 rooms and a guest review score of 8.1. * Subject to availability.