- "I was visiting some family for a few days and stayed here. The guesthouse is located right in Penzance centre. On arrival I was welcomed by Steve who was a really good host. Breakfast was already provided in the room with all kinds of food from yoghurt , fruits, jams and eggs which there was an egg boiler to use. Room was spotless."
- "In a great location, quiet but an easy walk into the centre and sea front. The house is Victorian and maintains some quirky features, rooms are a little dated but in keeping with the style of the house. Breakfast was fine, buffet style. Parking is available but hit and miss so a walk is necessary at times. "
- "My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights. Lyn was a lovely lady and made us feel very welcome. Our room was nice and modern with ensuite facilities. Breakfast was lovely with homemade granola and choice of cooked breakfast. Free parking outside which was handy. Lovely shower. Great base for exploring Penzance."
- "A lovely Victorian property with professional and friendly owners, a short walk into town. Our room was comfortably furnished and equipped with everything required, lovely towels and a decent shower in the bathroom. At breakfast there was fresh fruit and juices and we opted for the full English which was excellent. The location is residential and we always managed to find a parking space. Good standards throughout, recommended."
- "Glenn was a lovely host at Glen Afton, we stayed when exploring Devon and Cornwall, its in a great location an easy walk to Penzance and the seafront just down the road. Great room that was warm and comfortable with excellent facilities. Breakfast was tremendous and cooked to order. We would absolutely return!"
- "We had a warm welcome and the owners were very helpful with advice on the area. The location, in a quiet, residential street, was a 20 minute walk into the centre of Penzance but there was plenty of on street parking. Our room was nicely decorated and spacious and there were good choices at breakfast which was very good. A little too far from town for us but we are happy to recommend for those who enjoy walking."
- "What a wonderful week at Rosalie, Liz was the perfect host, and its in a fantastic location, 5 minute walk to the beach and 10 minutes walk to Penzance town. Our room was warm and comfortable with good facilities. Breakfast was cooked to order with plenty of choice. We would not hesitate to return. "
Penzance is a coastal town in Cornwall that is famous for its historical association with pirates. All over the area, clues to this rich tradition can be found in the form of skulls and crossbones, pictures of pirate ships, and depictions of pirates going about their booty, looting and pillaging. As a coastal destination Penzance provides beaches and water sports for the leisure and pleasure of visitors to the area.
Nine miles west of Penzance is Land's End, a famous British landmark that signifies the utmost western tip of the English mainland. Cornish pasties are a famous type of food that miners would take with them to work for lunch. The Cornish pasty consists of beef or mince, combined with vegetables and wrapped in pastry, although vegetarian pasties are also available, and are a must when visiting the area.
The Cornish Pirates are one of the county's local rugby teams, and the region is passionate about its sport. The unique location offers a myriad of options for sporting enthusiasts, and some of the sporting activities available in Penzance and the surrounding areas include rock climbing, surfing, and scenic jogging routes. More traditional seasonal games, such as football, cricket and rugby are also catered for and are popular in the area.
Penzance is a historical market town and coastal fishing port, as well as having previously been a thriving mining community. The industry of the area along with the local economy has been primarily associated with these elements. The tourist industry of the area is now becoming more relevant as people realise the stunning natural beauty of the region.
FAQ's about B&B's in Penzance
Which Penzance B&B's are best for couples?
Which Penzance B&B's are best for singles?
Are there any cheap hotels in Penzance?
Which B&B's in Penzance are best for families?
What Penzance hotels are best for groups?
Which hotels in Penzance offer free parking?
How much is it for a B&B in Penzance tonight?
Our best value B&B deal tonight can be found at Duporth Guest House from £41 * with 8 rooms and a guest review score of 8.7. * Subject to availability.